September 20, 2008

Life's Little Instruction Book. Part 1.

In 92 I bough a small book written by H. Jackson Brown, Jr., called "Life's Little Instruction Book". What a marvelous little read! Mr. Brown wrote this for his son, when he was about to leave for college. It is a collection of 511 "instructions" on how to live your life. I have read it many times and every time I do, I find something that suddenly makes sense to me, all over again, in a new way. I would like to list just a few instructions, once in a while, as this wonderful book can be of interest to everyone, not just kids leaving for college.

1. Compliment three people every day.
2 Watch a sunrise at least once a year.
3. Remember other people’s birthday.
4. Have a firm handshake.
5 Look people in the eye.
6. Say "thank you" a lot.
7. Say "please" a lot.
8. Plant flowers every spring.
9. Drive inexpensive car, but own the best house you can afford.
10. Drink champagne for no reason at all.

2 comments:

Diane said...

I love this book and I've been working on one of my own for Ryan lately. I think I have about 60 things but I want to try to get to 100 and then have it printed and bound, maybe for Christmas!

Zuzana said...

That sounds wonderful Diane, what a beautiful gift for your daughter! Imagine that you know of this book, that is amazing.;)