December 18, 2008

"All The Pleasure In Life..."


"...all the pleasure in life are nothing if we have no one to share them with..."

What a poignant sentence. Regrettably, I cannot claim the credit - it is not mine; an unknown person out there formulated it and typed it in the google search. And behold, they found themselves here, as my blog came up on top of the page. This sentence, by sheer coincidence, summarizes eloquently the essence of what my blog is all about. I know that grammatically the sentence is slightly off, but this is what someone typed and this sentence led him or her here. At least that is what the little tracker on my page told me. I hope they were not too disappointed in what they found.

I am amazed every time to find people from all over the world stopping by. Most of all I find it interesting to see how/why they found my place.
During the last month, it has been mostly because of this post. It seems that many people are struggling with one problem; what to write in a Christmas card. Many stumble upon my page by making a search for a combination of words "write" and "Christmas card(s)", although sorry to say, I do not offer any advice on such writing in that post.

So what do I write in my Christmas cards? It is actually very simple; I always write from the heart. I never write anything I truly do not feel. Coincidentally, staying in touch means sharing. Sharing wishes or sentiments about a season or an experience. And as someone put it so expressively; a pleasure is truly a pleasure first when we can share it with someone. So, a simple "Wish you were here..." will always be very appropriate.

10 comments:

Diane said...

And I can say from experience that you write your Christmas cards beautifully :). Yours will be at the top of my 'favorites' list this year! xo

MsTypo said...

We haven't written christmas cards in years so i don't know what i'd write in them. "Wish you were here" might encourage more people to visit, which, depending on the person, isn't necessarily a good thing. LOL

Mahmud Yussop said...

By sharing the bits and pieces of life we can come up with a complete picture quicker and more meaningful. Sharing strikes a deep chord of the child in us and so make life more enjoyable. Sharing too makes one turn to honesty, truthfulness and belief. I am with you on your journey of having a life well-lived.Cheers all the way!

Melanie Gillispie said...

I have been so fascinated with what people search on that lead them to my blog. Some are funny, some are actually kind of scary. I don't know what that says about me and what I write about.

I think anyone who finds themselves at your blog, however they got here, will enjoy their stay!

Michelle H. said...

The fact that you are getting search hits for this means there are still people out there who enjoy sending Christmas cards versus e-mail. I'm sure when they go through your enlightening posts, they will find the right words to express their sentiments.

Holly said...

I am glad that Christmas cards are not a lost art just yet. It makes me smile that you are inspiring so many people other than myself!

Zuzana said...

Diane, thank you so much; I am happy you enjoyed it and it was unconditional, so no expectation on my side.;) I wish you and Ryan a wonderful Christmas.;)

LOL Cairo, I get that.;) Fortunately all the people I write too I truly do miss and wish them around me.;)

Dear Mahmud, I so always enjoy your comments; they are so wise and genuine. To share something with someone whom I hold dear means the world to me. Thank you for those beautiful words.;)

Mel, you are so much fun! Scary, right? I am sure they are not as scary as you think. Your blog is a breath of fresh air and I never found any of it scary. Reading your post makes me always smile.
Thank you for such a wonderful compliment, right back at you!;)

Michele, what a wonderful comment. I take it as a big compliment that someone so talented as you thinks my post are “enlightening”. I guess I just write, like in the cards, what is in my heart. I hope your Christmas will be wonderful.;)

Holly, I am happy about that fact too. I bet you make your own cards, as talented as you are! The inspiration goes both ways, your blog always have a feel of home and cosiness to it, you have created a true “heaven” with it. Merry Christmas to you and yours.;))

v said...

Everybody is talking about Christmas; it makes my heart jolt with some kind of excitement although I don't celebrate it. I would like to wish you a wonderful merry Christmas in advance. May it be joyous and a happy one for u.

Hilary said...

I suspect that you write your Christmas cards the same way you write your comments.. with sincerity and warmth and from the heart.

Zuzana said...

lili, thank you dearly for such kind and lovely words; may you likewise have a wonderful Christmas.
Thank you so much for stopping by.;))

Hilary, it is warm, sincere and kind comments and posts from wonderful people such as yourself, that are an inspiration to things i write about.;) It makes me aware of how many nice people there are out there, despite it all.;)